This nice weather came at the perfect time for Memorial Day Weekend. Instead of sitting cooped up in the house, we want to help you and your family find some fun things to do in the community.
Here is a list of SEVEN events taking place during Memorial Day Weekend! We hope you and your family have a safe, enjoyable time together.
1) Boise Trolley Tour: Every day from May through September, the Boise Trolley shows locals and visitors our beautiful Boise sites. For example, Trolley riders will visit, the State Capital, Idaho State Penitentiary, Botanical Gardens, Harrison Boulevard, Idanha Hotel, and much more.
Monday – Friday: 11:00 am & Saturday – Sunday: 2:00 pm
2) Bubble Run Boise: Who doesn’t want to run around in bubbles? This Saturday, May 27th Expo Idaho will be filled with bubbles for a three mile, family-friendly walk/run.
3) Meridian Speedway: If you have never been to the Meridian Speedway, Memorial Day Weekend is the perfect time! On Saturday, May 27th and Monday, May 29th, the speedway will honor our Speedway Legends on the quarter-mile oval.
4) Indigo Art & Poetry Festival: Saturday, May 27th will mark the Indigo Art and Poetry Festival’s first annual event. Their mission is to promote mental health awareness through art and the spoken word. There will be art, poetry, live music, food, vendors, guest speakers, and more!
5) Idaho Shakespeare Festival: The Idaho Shakespeare Festival officially kicks off on Friday, May 26th with their first performance of “Wait Until Dark.” You are always encouraged to bring your own blanket, drinks, and snacks to munch on as you enjoy the outdoor amphitheater and wonderful show.
6) Starlight Mountain Theatre: Even though this outdoor theatre is located in Crouch, Idaho (1 hour from Boise), it is definitely worth the drive. The Starlight Mtn. Theatre begins its summer series by debuting Seven Brides for Seven Brothers on Friday, May 27th.
To celebrate their opening night, you can join them for dinner and a meet and greet before the show!
7) Silent Camp at Morris Hill Cemetery: On Monday, May 29th, come and see the Idaho Civil War Volunteers conduct their annual Civil War flag-raising ceremony, followed by a eulogy and gun salute.